“collection” means the act of gathering, acquiring, recording or obtaining personal information from any source, including third parties, by any means.
“consent” means voluntary agreement with the collection, use and disclosure of personal information for defined purposes. Consent can be either express or implied and can be provided directly by the individual or by an authorized representative, such as a parent, guardian, teacher or group leader. Express consent can be given orally, electronically or in writing. Implied consent is consent that can reasonably be inferred from a user’s action or inaction.
“disclosure” means making personal information available to a third party.
“personal information” means information about an identifiable individual, but not aggregated information that cannot be associated with a specific individual.
“registered user” means a person who has registered for the Service.
“use” means the treatment, handling and management of personal information by and within Prince Edward English.
Prince Edward English may collect any or all of the following personal information if the information is reasonably required to provide the services accessed or requested by you:
- (a) information that you provide when you become a registered user or otherwise complete forms on the Sites;
- (b) information that you provide to Prince Edward English when you subscribe to the Service;
- (c) your correspondence with Prince Edward English employees, including any questions, concerns or comments you may have about the Service or problems that you report;
- (d) details of your requests made through the Service.
Prince Edward English does not collect information related to method of payment such as a credit or debit card number. All purchases of Prince Edward English services will be directed to and handled by third parties such as Stripe. You will be bound by the privacy policies of these third party sites.
- Purpose of Collection and Use of Personal Information
Prince Edward English collects your personal information and will use your personal information as is reasonably required for the following purposes:
- (a) to improve users’ experience of the Sites;
- (b) to provide the ongoing products, services or information that you request;
- (c) to respond to questions, comments, requests, or complaints that you submit to Prince Edward English;
- (d) to process purchases and provide invoices;
- (e) to assist you in tracking your order;
- (g) to track communications with you;
- (h) to analyze use of the Service and to improve the Service;
- (i) to improve users’ experience of the Service, including to customize website settings;
- (j) to detect and protect against fraud and error;
- (k) to guide us in selecting new products to be offered through the Service;
- (l) to promote existing products by posting the testimonials that you submit, if any;
- (m) to send emails, newsletters, regular mail or other communications you have consented to receive from Prince Edward English;
- (n) to provide Service-related announcements or notifications to you;
- (o) to fulfil a purpose that we disclose to you when we request your personal information; and/or
- (p) to meet legal and regulatory requirements.
Prince Edward English staff are authorized to access personal information based only on their need to deal with the information for the reason(s) for which it was obtained. Personal information will only be collected and used by authorized staff in a manner consistent with the activities of Prince Edward English.
Prince Edward English may disclose your personal information to:
- (a) its employees, agents, partners and service providers as is reasonably necessary to enable these parties to perform a business, professional or technical support function for Prince Edward English;
- (b) a third party or parties, including another like-minded registered user for educational purposes, where you consent to such disclosure or the disclosure is required by law.
- Safeguarding Your Personal Information
Prince Edward English is committed to safeguarding your personal information. Prince Edward English uses appropriate security measures to protect personal information against risks such as loss or theft, unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use, modification or destruction regardless of the format in which it is held. The methods of protection and safeguards used by Prince Edward English include, but are not limited to, need-to-know access and technological measures, including the use of passwords, encryption and firewalls. While Prince Edward English cannot guarantee that risks such as loss, theft, unauthorized access or disclosure of personal information will not occur, Prince Edward English will make every effort to prevent such unfortunate occurrences.
Prince Edward English will retain the personal information of a registered user for three year from the date of registration for the Service after which point Prince Edward English may dispose of or destroy the personal information of a registered user unless required to maintain for a longer period to meet legal and regulatory requirements.
Prince Edward English takes care in disposing of or destroying personal information to prevent unauthorized parties from gaining access to the information. Prince Edward English also ensures that its employees with access to personal information are made aware of the importance of maintaining the confidentiality of personal information.
Prince Edward English is committed to keeping your personal information as complete, up-to-date and accurate as is necessary for the purposes for which it is to be used. Prince Edward English will promptly correct or complete any personal information found to be inaccurate or incomplete. Where appropriate, Prince Edward English will transmit amended information to third parties having access to the personal information in question. Upon request, Prince Edward English will provide you with a reasonable opportunity to review the personal information in your file to review its accuracy. Such personal information will be provided within a reasonable time of the request and at a minimal or no cost to you. Also upon request, Prince Edward English will provide an account of the use and disclosure of your personal information and, where reasonably possible, will state the source of the information. In providing an account of disclosure, Prince Edward English will provide a list of organizations to which it may have disclosed personal information about you when it is not possible to provide an actual list.
- Withdrawing Consent
You may withdraw your consent to the collection, use or disclosure of your personal information by Prince Edward English at any time, subject to legal or contractual restrictions and reasonable notice. In certain circumstances, your withdrawal of consent will result in the inability of Prince Edward English to continue providing aspects of the Service to you. Please contact Prince Edward English for more information regarding the implications of withdrawing consent.
- Non-Personal Information
Non-personal information is information that does not identify you and which we are unable to connect to other information in order to identify you.
Prince Edward English may collect any or all of the following non-personal information whether we may also use analytics programs from time to time to process non-personal information about you.
We make no attempt to link this non-personal information with the identity of individuals using the Service. Non-personal information may be permanently archived for future use in any manner whatsoever by Prince Edward English.
- Prince Edward English Inc.
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you no longer wish to receive commercial electronic messages from Prince Edward English regarding our new products or services, promotions or other similar communications, you may unsubscribe from the link at the bottom of any newsletter. Please note that, after you unsubscribe, Prince Edward English may still send electronic communications to you in certain limited circumstances, such as to provide you with Service notifications, or to provide information that Prince Edward English is legally obligated to provide you.
Date: Sep, 2019